Monday, January 21, 2013

Challenges and Stereotypes

Today, I had a nap with Hazel this morning.

Challenge: not having an anxiety attack when Hazel was screaming for Jeff who was in the other room.

Mood:  Frazzled/overwhelmed

I am slowly getting closer to Hazel, but everything is starting to get on top of me. I am starting to feel as though no one is willing to talk to me anymore. I'm also getting tired of being called a "teen mom". I'm a teenager, and I am a mom. I won't always be a teenager. So I would rather people start calling "teen moms" YOUNG MOMS instead. Its much more accurate. Young moms grow up faster than teenagers mentally.

I don't like stereotypes. I hate them. SO..... my challenge for everyone, talk to someone different than you. Like punk, rocker, goth, emo, popular, etc. and get to know them AS A PERSON! Try to understand them better, and try to find things that you both have in common, you might be surprised, and make a new friend.

I don't like judging, but everyone judges people, even me. But try to get to know people on your own, and always be nice to people no matter what. You don't ever know what's going on with them, and they might not know what's going on with you. But you can change that, and be there to try to help make a day easier, better, and brighter for someone just by saying hi, or asking what's wrong and just listening.

Listen to what they're really saying, if they seem like they're hiding something, try to say maybe I help. And don't interrupt them until they're done, and just try to be gentle and tell them what you think they should do. Everyone needs advice, but they need to ask for it, and have someone willing to listen.

Also we now have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-the-Shadow-of-Daylight-Blog/120031064836163

and please share with people you know. Thank you!

1 comment: