Thursday, January 31, 2013

Panic Attacks

I wanted to explain why panic attacks are scary, and why they hurt.

When I have a panic attack, my heart starts racing and my body locks up. I breathe really fast, and I get very defensive. I'm often in the state of mind of thinking everyone is trying to steal my daughter or take me to a hospital, or even just wanting to hurt me for fun. I get very nervous and want to take Hazel to the basement and curl up in a blanket and protect her.

The panic attacks hurt because of how tense I get, my muscles get stiff and knotted up because of it. I find it hard to relax, but I have heard exercise is good for anxiety attacks, and that it helps overall with mental health. I'm going to try to exercise more, Jeff and I have already promised to start walking every day that there's nice weather.

I also plan on trying to play tennis again, and ride my bike more often. I've also found that mud masks really help relax me after a long day, and that green tea bubble baths that are warm help loosen my muscles. I'm also trying to figure out a way to help my skin some more because I have stress acne, and its a pet peeve of mine. I don't like my skin that much, but I won't torch it in a tanning bed.

So my challenge for you: FIND A WAY TO RELAX AND START EXERCISING, EVEN IF ITS A FIFTEEN MINUTE JOG! JUST HAVE FUN WITH IT!

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/In-the-Shadow-of-Daylight-Blog/120031064836163

Please share my blog with your family and friends if you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment